Sunday 27 October 2013

Current favourite: movies

I rarely go to the cinema, and when I do, i'm mostly not too impressed by the movie. Too cheesy, too much action, trying way too hard to be funny-the list of reasons, why i can not like a movie is endless. 
So that I went to the cinema twice this week is pretty remarkable by itself,however I also actually really loved both of the movies! They're probably already right up there with Benny & Joon, Sleepy Hollow (can you tell i'm a bit Johnny Depp-obsessed?) & Inception as some of my absolute favourite movies. Which is why I wanted to share them with you!

About Time

"Lesson Number One: All the time travelling in the world can't make someone love you"
Tim - About Time

This movie was the only one, me and the boyfriend could agree on that was on at the right time, so it wasn't actually something I was too excited about. I thought it was going to be a bit cheesy, which it was - however, it had just the right dose of cheesiness to it!

It tells the story of a guy called Tim, who, the day of his 21st Birthday is told by his father that he can travel in time. He decides to use this ability to "get a girlfriend".
The movie shows his life from that day on and how time travelling changes his perception of life. It is full of wisdom about the importance of mistakes and how you should enjoy every day to the fullest.

The happy ending does make it a bit unrealistic, and for some it will therefore probably be too cheesy(how often can you use the word "cheesy" without it being too cheesy?hah).
All I can say is that I left the cinema with a huge smile on my face and a warm fuzzy feeling in my stomach.
Definitely a movie that makes me happy, so i can only recommend it!

"now i know all the wrong turns, the stumbles and falls brought me here"
Ben Folds-The Luckiest
(The soundtrack was pretty good too)

The second movie I saw was a german one, and I believe there is no english version of it. so sorry to the english people reading this, but the following review will therefore be in german.

Heute bin ich blond

'bout why and where and how, fuck the past, the past ain't now"
Leslie Clio - I couldn't care less
  
Ich liebe an diesem Film eigentlich alles-ausser vielleicht das Ende, weil es eben nicht komplett perfekt ist. Verraten, was genau mich gestört hat werde ich nicht-schließlich sollt ihr ihn euch ja noch anschauen.

Es geht in "Heute bin ich blond" um die 21-jährige Sophie. Als sie erfährt, dass sie einen äußerst seltenen und agressiven Tumor hat, beschließt sie sich, ihre Jugend trotzdem auszuleben, so gut es eben geht. Kraft geben ihr besonders ihre verschiedenen Perücken-diese verändern nicht nur ihre Haare, sondern immer auch ihre gesamte Persöhnlichkeit.

Ich habe bei dem Film mehr als einmal geweint-was mir so schnell nicht passiert. Sophie's Charakter reißt einen sofort mit, besonderes Kompliment an die Schauspielerin! Es ist meiner Meinung nach fast unmöglich, nicht mit ihr mitzufühlen, allerdings sieht man auch, wie ihre Krankheit ihr gesamtes Umfeld belastet. Oft finde ich filme, die sich mit so einem ernsten Thema wie Krebs befassen eifach nur belastend. Hier ist dies anders, man sieht zwar all die tragischen Seiten der Krankheit, doch im nächsten Moment muss man wieder über die skurillen Eigenschaften der verschiedenen Persöhnlichkeiten lachen. Rundum eine geniale Geschichte, die noch dazu auf einer wahren Begebenheit basiert.

Der Soundrack zum Film ist übrigens auch richtig toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment