Sunday 15 September 2013

of salmon & cinnamon


As it was the last week of summer holidays for me, i really wanted to make some recipes that I've been wanting to try out for a while. I ended up being more busy than I'd expected, so I couldn't try out that many, however I still wanted to show you what I ended up cooking and baking.




On Monday i cooked ginger garlic salmon on cabbage salad for my mum and myself.
I usually don't like salmon that is cooked in alu foil in the oven that much, as I find it often tastes pretty bland and is a bit too soft for my taste. Not this one though, I absolutely love the ginger, garlic and cilantro in this recipe and the crunchy cabbage compliments the tenderness of the salmon perfectly. It is pretty fast and easy too so I will definitely be making this again!

I'm obsessed with berries - blueberries, blackberries, strawberries or raspberries, I eat them on yoghurt, porridge, in smoothies, on cereal, under a crumble or on their own. What am i supposed to have for breakfast during the colder months when they're not in season?

When I didn't have anything to do on wednesday and the rainy, cold weather made me crave something warm and sweet,  I decided to try baking these Chai spiced Cinnamon Rolls.
i started around 3 p.m. and could finally take them out of the oven after 4 hours of baking, waiting for the dough to rest and cleaning the mess I'd made. They were so worth the effort.
Soft,  indulgently sweet , yet spicy from the cinnamon, cardamom and ginger, they tasted like a soft, warm fall blanket - exactly what I needed!
These have got to be the favorite thing I've baked so far. i mean, how can i not love something that incorporates that much cinnamon, and even ginger!
They still tasted pretty good after 2 days (even if nothing beats warm, out-of-the-oven baked goodness) so you don't have to worry about not being able to eat all of them.
Overall, this recipes is a winner for me!

Even though I didn't cook this last week, i still had to share the recipe for this Great Greens Pasta.
While I was cooking it, I did not expect this to be anything special and was pretty sceptic about all the green stuff that went into the sauce. Never have I been so wrong about a recipe, this pasta was outstanding!
Except for the roasted tomatoes, it was very quick to cook and the flavours were amazing! You could totally omit roasting the tomatoes, but I really suggest you go for it if you have enough time as they add that little bit of extra something to the recipe. 





No comments:

Post a Comment