Wednesday 31 December 2014

Winter Running Playlist


I do not understand people who can go for runs on their own without music, an audiobook, or some other sort of entertainment to keep them distracted. If all I had to listen to for 40 minutes or more was my own breath, I would not be able to push myself to keep going at that point where running seems to cause nothing but agony to my body. A good beat is what gets me started after I step out of my front door, motivational lyrics make me run that little bit faster at the middle of a run and the comfort of an old favorite song reminds me that I've been through this before and therefore will get through it again even if my legs are screaming in pain. 
It might seem counterintuitive, but music actually allows me to think better, drowning out the noise of my own, unproductive thoughts and giving room to new ones. therefore, when I know i have a brand new playlist to power me through my run, I am much more likely to actually get out there and I immediately look forward to those 8 kilometres, no matter what the conditions are.

 These songs have been my go-to choices for the past week and I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do!


(I've created an 8tracks playlist as well if you don't use Spotify)

No comments:

Post a Comment