Wednesday 20 August 2014


I was looking for a dessert to make for my grandparents when they were supposed to be coming over for dinner and was starting to get a little desperate when I found this beauty on the Green Kitchen Stories blog. It was everything I'd been wanting to make: light, fresh, summery and the flavors tied in perfectly with the middle eastern theme of the main dish. I'd been intrigued to try a frozen dessert like this one for a long time but had never found a good opportunity to make one so this tart got me really excited!




I prepared the tart one day ahead of time as I was working during the day and therefore wouldn't have time to do so the next day. As it said in the recipe that you could freeze it for a couple of days, I didn't think this would be a problem.

And it probably wouldn't have been, if my grandparents had actually come for dinner that planned day but they had a particularly stressful day at the bakery and felt too tired to do so. Hence the cake remained in its springform for another 4 days, until they could make it.


I took the cake out of the freezer about half an hour before I wanted to serve it, but it would have probably taken an hour or more to properly defrost. The crust tasted absolutely amazing, just the right amount of salty and sweet, and I believe the yogurt filling would have been quite dreamy had it not been sitting in the freezer for so long. The flavors were there but the texture was quite icy which made it a little difficult to eat. Everyone still ate their whole slice so I think it's safe to say that we all enjoyed it, despite the iciness of the yogurt layer.


Being the kind of person I am, I probably won't be making this again - there are simply too many recipes out there that I still want to try! That being said, I definitely recommend this cake, and the Green Kitchen Stories blog in general. I could spend hours reading through their blog, every post is filled with so much love and personality and the pictures are to die for - please check them out if you haven't heard of their blog already (which I'm sure you have).


2 comments:

  1. oh das sieht ja mega lecker aus! das muss ich mir gleich mal für den sommer merken, wenn es wieder feigen gibt :)
    deine frage hab ich dir übrigens unter meinem post beantwortet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. War auch vom geschmack her richtig gut, nur die textur hat nicht ganz gestimmt, ich würde vielleicht etwas sahen druntergeben damit es cremiger wird:) Vielen dank!:)

      Delete